How can you fix a Canon Printer in Error State?
Canon printer in error state is a common problem that is faced by most users. Performing simple methods can easily resolve the problem. But it crucial to know the main cause of the canon printer error state issue. Your Canon printer may display an error message due to a connection issue, a lost wire or USB cable connection, low-speed internet, when printer drivers are not updated or corrupted, or maybe because of the incorrect installation of the drivers. Check if you've got downloaded the drivers and software belonging to your canon printer model. Connectivity issues could also be the basis of this canon printer error state issue.
Therefore, these are our few workarounds or solutions that you simply should attempt to bring out your Canon Printer from a mistaken state.
For Windows 10
Verify the connections
- Firstly, you should double-check that your computer and printer are connected properly.
- Secondly, the wireless network or cable you're using has a downside.
- If there is a problem with one of the connections, you must build a robust link.
- Before moving on to the next troubleshooting step, you should conduct a test print job.
Restart your printer and computer:
Sometimes, the matter is often easily fixed by just restarting your device. Simply turn off your Canon printer and the computer, and then leave them for around 15 minutes. Only a minute after that, turn them on to see if the problem has been resolved.
Reset your printer
- Press Setup.
- Navigate to Device settings by pressing the arrow buttons, then press OK.
- Press the arrow buttons till you navigate to Reset Setting and then press OK.
- Press the arrow buttons till you navigate to reset all, then press OK and then finally Select Yes.
- Press OK to complete Reset Process. Your device is now reset.
Reinstall or update the driver
- Open the search box on your desktop.
- In the search box, type Printer & Scanners.
- Open the option; select the printer you want to remove.
- Select Remove Device from the drop-down menu and confirm your decision.
- Go to Canon's official printer setup webpage.
- Enter your printer model number for the drivers.
- Click on download and follow the instruction to install.
- When the process is complete, click finish.
- Now restart your printer and PC to expertise in a high-quality printing service.
Make ports setting changes
- To do this, press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Click on View, select Show hidden devices.
- Do right-click on Ports (COM & LPT), and choose Properties.
- Select the Port settings tab in the properties box.
- Now, choose to Use any interrupt allotted to the port.
- Check the box next to modify heritage Plug and Play detection.
- Click on, OK.
- Reboot your PC, and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Check the Printer is Online
- Open Control Panel on your window system.
- Select Hardware and Sound, then Devices printer.
- The select printer then right-click on it and select User Printer Online.
- Then it'll show a prepared message on your screen.
Update your Windows
- Select the start button and open the settings.
- Click on update and security.
- Go to your Windows Update and select Check for Updates.
- Your windows will start searching for updates.
- Let the process complete.
- Restart your computer.
Set Printer spooler service automatic
- Press Window key + R on your keyboard to open the run box.
- In the run box sort, Type "services.msc", and press Enter.
- Search for Print Spooler, after that, select Properties.
- Now, go to the General tab.
- Set the Startup sort to Automatic from the computer menu.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Close the Services windows.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
I hope these solutions will help you out.
Posted: 16 Jun 2021
Visit for more
() () ()